Qualified candidates for Shell Scholarship 2021/2022 can now login to www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply for Shell Scholarship Program Award next stage of registration Process.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) scholarship pursuance of its Education Social Investment programme has been in existence since 1952.
To promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians, invites applications from suitably qualified Full Time Nigerian Students admitted in the 2018/2019 academic session to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme.
Requirements for Shell Scholarship Program
University Scholarship Scheme
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Be in 200 Level (as at December 2019)
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed the National Youth Service by September 2021
- be ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2021
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2021
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships
How to Apply for Shell Undergraduate Scholarship 2021/2022
To apply for Shell Undergraduate Scholarship please click on CREATE ACCOUNT. Login and continue your scholarship application by scanning your documents and attaching them to your online application forms as follows:
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by: The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and the Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
- The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Performance, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
NOTE: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
How to Apply for Shell Postgraduate Scholarship 2021/2022
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than March 22, 2021.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
When is the Closing Date for Shell Scholarship 2021 Application Portal?
The Shell Scholarship registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of the Newspaper publication.
Important things you should know about Shell Scholarship Portal 2021/2022
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements.
Scholarshipking will Not ask you to pay any Kobo to any of her staff for the sole aim of helping you gain scholarship updates.
What we do is to provide you with all necessary information required for you to be among the successful candidates for any particular scholarship in the world.